Do you want to control your spending on the Epic Games store? You can add funds to your Epic Games wallet at any point. This guide explains how.
Epic Games has a game for everyone, whether it’s the latest AAA release to a smaller indie (soon-to-be) classic.
If you’re managing an Epic Games account, however, you might be worried about the cost. Rather than leaving your payment details on hand, you could always add money to your Epic Games wallet.
Money in your Epic Games wallet can be used to buy games, subscriptions, or in-game items. You or others can add money to an Epic Games wallet to be used at any time.
If you’re unsure how to add money to an Epic Games wallet, follow the steps below.
How to Add Funds to Your Epic Games Wallet From Your Account Settings
You can also add additional funds to your Epic Games wallet at any point from your account settings. The easiest way to do this is from your web browser.
To add funds to an Epic Games wallet from your account settings:
- Open the Epic Games website.
- Press the sign in button (top-right) and sign in using your account details.
- Once you’ve signed in, hover over your username (top-right) and select Account.
- In your account settings, select Payment Management on the left.
- You’ll see your current Epic Games wallet balance. To add more funds, press the Add Funds to Wallet button.
- If prompted, provide your Epic Games parental control PIN code.
- Choose an amount to add to your wallet (up to the maximum specified) and choose a payment method.
- When you’re ready, press the Add Funds button and follow any additional instructions to complete the payment.
Once the payment is complete, the funds will appear in your wallet. You’ll be able to use this amount to make purchases in the Epic Games store without using your payment details further, up to the amount you added to your wallet.
How to Request a Refund From Your Epic Games Wallet
Spent a little bit too much? You might be able to request a refund for funds added to your Epic Games wallet, depending on how recently the funds were added.
You can check the Epic Games refund policy for your locale before you proceed.
To request a refund for funds added to Epic Games:
- Open the Epic Games website and sign in.
- Hover over your username in the top-right and press the Account option.
- In the account settings menu, press the Transactions option on the left.
- Press the transaction you made to add funds to your Epic Games wallet on the right.
- If the item is available for a refund, select the Request Refund button.
- Follow any additional instructions to complete the process.
If you can’t see the refund button for your transaction, it might not be eligible for a refund. All is not lost, however. You can contact Epic Games directly to ask for a refund, explaining the reasons why.
If you build a good case, you might be lucky—Epic Games might refund you without complaint. However, this isn’t guaranteed, so you’ll need to wait and see if you have success using this method.
Building an Epic Library on Epic Games
By adding money to your Epic Games wallet, you’ll have quick access to buy games that appear on sale. You won’t need to worry about sharing your payment details all of the time—the funds will be ready to go.
This is a good idea if you’re trying to manage an Epic Games account for a family, for instance. If you purchase a game on Epic Games that you don’t like, you can always request a refund.