How to Block or Unblock Someone on Epic Games
Need to deal with a troublesome friend or another user on Epic Games? You can block and unblock someone on Epic Games using the steps in this guide.
Epic Games isn’t just a platform for playing games—it’s a network of gamers. You can add friends and foes alike to your friends list to join up and play your favorite games together.
What happens if you encounter someone toxic on your friends list, however? You don’t have to suffer from abuse. You can block someone you don’t like on Epic Games at any point. If you change your mind, you can always unblock them again afterward.
If you’re unsure how to block or unblock someone on Epic Games, follow the steps below.
How to Block Users on Epic Games
The best way to block a user you don’t like on Epic Games is to use the Epic Games launcher. You’ll need to be friends with the user first to do this (or know their username to search for it manually).
To block a user on Epic Games:
- Open the Epic Games launcher on your PC or Mac and sign in.
- Press the friends icon in the top-right.
- If you’re friends with the person you want to block, select their name from the list.
- Alternatively, search for a user (friend or not) using the search bar and click their name.
- In the pop-up profile box, select the three-dot icon or press More Options (depending on your OS).
- In the menu, select Block to block the user.
It may also be possible to block users you see in-game using in-game menus or the Epic Games overlay. For more information on this, make sure to check out that game’s support guide via the Epic Games website.
How to Unblock Users on Epic Games
You can also quickly unblock a user you’ve previously blocked using the chat menu in the Epic Games launcher. You’ll need to know the person’s username to be able to do this, however.
To unblock a user on Epic Games:
- Open the Epic Games launcher and sign in on your PC or Mac.
- In the launcher, click the friends icon (top-right).
- Search for the user using the search bar in the chat pop-up menu.
- Once you’ve located the blocked user, click their name.
- In the pop-up profile box, click the Blocked or Unblock button (depending on your OS).
- Click Unblock to unblock the user.
Once you’ve unblocked the user, they’ll be free to add you again as a friend (or you’ll be able to add them yourself). This doesn’t happen automatically, so if you want to resume talking to the previously blocked user, you’ll need to add them again first.
Epic Gameplay With Epic Games
You don’t need to accept bad behavior in your gaming life. On Epic Games, you can block and unblock users who cause you trouble using the steps outlined above.
You can also appear offline on Epic Games to hide your activity from your friends at any point. If you change your mind about the platform, you can also uninstall Epic Games to remove it. Doing this will mean losing access to your game library, but you can always think about a new Steam wishlist to try out some more recent games on a different platform instead.