How to Change Your Name Color on Twitch
A good (and easy) way to personalize your Twitch profile is to change your Twitch name color. There are a few ways to do it, so this guide will explain how.
Want to stand out in a Twitch streamer’s chat? There are a couple of ways you can do it. If your engagement isn’t getting you anywhere, you could decide to change your name color on Twitch to make your messages stand out a little better.
Twitch chat has several default chat colors you can use. You can also select a custom color using hex codes, or if you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can use a built-in color tool to choose it for you.
If you’re unsure how to change your name color on Twitch, follow the steps below.
How to Change Twitch Name Color Using Chat
The quickest and easiest way to change your Twitch name is to use Twitch chat. This is where the impact of your change will appear—your name will change color when you send messages in a Twitch streamer’s chat room.
Using the Chat Identity Menu
Twitch has several default colors you can select using the Twitch chat menu itself.
To change the Twitch name color using Twitch chat:
- Open the Twitch website and sign in.
- Use the search bar or the following list on the left to visit a Twitch streamer’s live stream.
- If Twitch chat isn’t visible, hover over the live stream and press the Expand icon in the top-right.
- In the Twitch chat, press the Chat Identity icon on the message bar.
- In the pop-up Chat Identity menu, select a new color from the Global Name Color section—the color will activate immediately.
We’d recommend choosing a color that you and others can clearly see. It’s also a good idea to avoid trying to match colors that might be similar to others (e.g., a moderator’s green), as this might cause conflicts between you and the streamer.
Using Twitch Chat Commands
You can also use a specialist Twitch chat command to change your Twitch color quickly. To do this, visit a Twitch streamer’s chat room and type /color option, replacing the option with a preset color (e.g.,/color blue).
If the color you choose isn’t available, Twitch will warn you and provide you with a list of alternatives.
You can also use hex color codes to select a custom color of your choice. To do this, type /color #code, replacing #code with a suitable hex color code (eg. /color #030bfc for blue). If you’re unsure, you can use Google to find the right code for you to use.
How to Change Twitch Name Color Using the Twitch Mobile App
It’s also possible to change your Twitch name color using the Twitch app for Android and iPhone users. This change is account-wide, so any changes you make will appear on Twitch from your PC, Mac, mobile device, or any other platform.
To change Twitch name on mobile:
- Open the Twitch app and sign in (if you aren’t already).
- Use the Following or Search tabs to find and select a live Twitch stream.
- With the Twitch stream open, tap the three-dots icon next to the message bar at the bottom.
- In Chat Settings, tap your username in the Identity section.
- In the Identity Preview menu, select a new color from the Global Name Color section.
- Once you’ve chosen a new color, tap the Exit icon in the top-right to exit the menu.
The color you choose will activate automatically. You can also try and use chat commands (e.g.,/color blue or /color #030bfc) in Twitch chat directly to change your color.
Using Twitch Gaming to Change Twitch Name Color
If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you’ll receive several additional benefits on Twitch. These include extra emojis, a free Twitch subscription, and the ability to change your Twitch name color using a particular color wheel in Twitch’s settings menu.
If you don’t have Prime Gaming, you can still use one of the alternative methods to change your Twitch name color.
To change the Twitch name color using the Twitch Gaming color wheel:
- Open the Twitch website and sign in.
- Select your profile icon (top-right) and press Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select the Prime Gaming tab.
- Under Chat Color, use the color wheel to select a new color for your Twitch chat name.
- To activate the color across your Twitch account, press Confirm Color.
Your Twitch account will update with the new color immediately. You can make further changes at any point using the Prime Gaming settings menu or by using one of the alternative steps above.
Showing Your Personality on Twitch
If you’re new to Twitch, you might want to customize your profile to show off your personality. Changing your Twitch name color using the steps above is a great way to get started, but there are other ways you can customize your profile.
For instance, you can change your Twitch name at any point, but you can only do this once every 60 days. You could also think about blocking Twitch ads if you’re sick of the interruptions to your favorite streams.