Have you switched to a new email address? Don’t forget to update your Twitch email address as soon as possible. This guide explains how.
Twitch isn’t just a place to catch streams—it’s a place to build a community. If you’ve been following a streamer for months and years, you’ve built your place in their community. More so, especially if you regularly interact with the streamer and other viewers during a live stream.
This makes account security an essential part of the Twitch experience. If you need to change your email address on Twitch, you shouldn’t neglect to do it. Losing access to your email might mean losing your Twitch account—forever.
If you’re unsure how to change your email address on Twitch, follow the steps below.
How to Change Your Twitch Email Address on PC or Mac
You can quickly change your Twitch email address by accessing your account settings on the Twitch website. These steps will work in any web browser on your PC or Mac. It will also work on other types of devices, including Chromebooks.
To change your Twitch email address on PC or Mac:
- Open your web browser and visit the Twitch website.
- Click Log In in the top right to sign in to your Twitch account.
- Once you’ve signed in, click your account icon in the top right.
- From the menu, select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, click the Security & Privacy tab.
- Click the edit icon next to your existing email address in the Contact section.
- Type your new email address in the boxes, ensuring they match exactly.
- Click Save to apply the change to your Twitch email address.
- Check your new email address for a verification email and follow any additional instructions to verify your new email address.
Once these steps are complete, any future emails from Twitch will be sent to your new email address. This includes any emails sent to reset your password in the future.
How to Change Your Email Address on Twitch on Mobile Devices
You can also change your Twitch email address using the Twitch mobile app. The Twitch mobile app is available for Android, iPhone, and iPad users.
You may need to follow additional steps to authenticate yourself during this process, including using two-factor authentication using the phone number attached to your Twitch account.
To change your Twitch email address on Android, iPhone, or iPad devices:
- Open the Twitch app on your mobile device and sign in.
- Tap the account icon in the top left.
- In the Account menu, select Account Settings.
- In Settings, tap Security & Privacy.
- Tap Email at the top.
- Type your email address in the Email box and click Submit.
- Check your new email address for a verification email from Twitch and follow any additional instructions to complete the process.
Once you’ve verified your new email address on Twitch, the change will activate. Any future emails will be sent to your new email address in future.
If you want to revert the process, you can repeat these steps to replace your new email address with the old account. You can also switch to using an alternative email address.
Keeping Your Twitch Account Safe
Using these steps, you’ll be able to change your Twitch email address easily if and when you need to. It’s important to keep on top of your Twitch account security, so we recommend adding a phone number to your account and activating two-factor authentication.
Once you’ve updated your Twitch email, you might want to donate to a Twitch streamer you enjoy watching. Twitch subs offer benefits like no ads during streams, but there are other ways to block Twitch ads if needed.