If you want to keep some of your gameplay secrets hidden, you might want to hide your Steam achievements. This guide will explain how.
Steam is a communal platform for gaming, but that doesn’t mean you want to share everything you’re doing (or playing) on it.
You don’t necessarily have to hide all of your game activity on Steam if you don’t want to. Instead, you could think about trying to hide your achievements from some or all Steam users.
If you want to show or hide achievements on Steam from your profile, follow the steps below.
How to Show or Hide Achievements on Steam
Your Steam profile includes information about your gameplay activity—including your achievements. As we’ve mentioned, steam achievements (or Steam badges) are the awards you’ll receive in-game for completing certain activities. You can also earn badges for tasks you complete on Steam itself, such as posting a review for the first time, posting a video, or launching your first Steam game.
If you want to hide this information, you’ll need to configure your privacy settings in your Steam profile itself.
These settings allow you to determine who can see certain parts of your Steam profile, allowing you to hide your achievements from other Steam users.
To show or hide achievements on Steam:
- Open the Steam client or the Steam website and sign in on your PC or Mac. These steps will work for both.
- Next, press your username in the top-left.
- Select View Profile from the drop-down menu.
- On your profile page, select the Edit Profile button.
- Next, press Privacy Settings from the menu on the left.
- From here, you can change the privacy settings for your Steam profile. You will need to set the top level for your profile as either public, friends only, or private using the My Profile drop-down menu. If you want some of your profile information to remain open, make sure to select friends only or public instead.
- Next, make sure to select friends only or private from the Game Details drop-down menu. This will make sure that your achievements (and other game information) are hidden from your friends or all Steam users, depending on your preference.
- Any changes you make will apply automatically.
By setting the Game Details option to private, only you will see your achievements. You can set it to friends only or public at any point but only if your My Profile setting allows it.
For instance, if you set your My Profile setting to private and your account is hidden from other users, you won’t be able to change your Game Details setting to friends only or public.
Enjoying Steam Gameplay
Thanks to the steps above, you can quickly show or hide your game achievements on Steam. Any achievements you receive won’t appear on your profile unless you choose to make them visible. You can change this setting at any point using these steps, and the changes will appear immediately.
Want to get started on Steam? Your first step might be to add some Steam friends to your account, allowing you to chat or play games with your friends and loved ones.
If you want to change other parts of your Steam profile, you can always change your Steam name. You can also organize your Steam library by adding categories on Steam and sorting your games by genre or preference.